Today I created a quick and condensed pictorial showing you have to easily achieve the popular trend of using concealer as eyeliner! After trying to come up with another pictorial for you guys, I decided to pick something a little more accessible and manageable. I realized that not everyone has electric blue highlighter or bright red eyeshadows in their makeup collections and I wanted to pick products that people are most likely to already own! So hopefully you’ll find this trendier look more wearable and easier to achieve!
1. To prime my lids today I used the Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer by Elf Cosmetics in the shade Sheer. This is a $2 eyelid primer that performs equally to the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion, but better suited for dry eyelids since it has a more oily consistency before drying down. After priming, I slapped on some warm brown pigmented I took from J. Cat Beauty’s Sunset Boulevard palette, but any brown shadow you love will do! Place this all over your lid and up the crease a little – feel free to shape this however you think will suit your eye best!
2. Blend out those rough edges! Uses a fluffy blending brush, I blended and blended. Because I went a little ham with the brown pigment earlier, I took a bit of flesh toned face powder to buff into those edges. This is a good blending short cut if you’re pinched for time! I also took a smudger brush and brought that brown pigment down messily across my lower lash line.
3. Now it’s time for the concealer wing! Today I took my 16 Color Pro Concealer palette by Measurable Difference, (use code HARLIBI for 20% off your order!) mixing the shades Ivory and Ginger. I used a thin angled brush to create my winged eyeliner look. For this look, I dragged the wing all the way past the edges of the brown eyeshadow, so that it blends past and into my natural skin color.
4. To make the look a little brighter and more dramatic, I added more of the concealer to my inner corner, so that end also blends past the majority of the brown eyeshadow. I think this opens the eye up and looks quite flattering!
5. To deepen the look, I added Urban Decay’s Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade Lush across my lower water line. I then took Elf Cosmetics’ Shimmer Facial Whip in the shade Spotlight into my inner corner and across my brow bone for an extra light, reflective look.
6. To finish off the look, I added Elf Cosmetics’ Mineral Infused Mascara to my eyelashes. For my brows, I added a tiny bit of Kat Von D’s Tattoo Brow Liner in Blonde to my outer tail, and then fluffed them with my holy grail Control Freak Eyebrow Gel by NYX Cosmetics. And that completes this look!
I hope you enjoyed this pictorial! Please give it a big ol’ “like” below to show your love! Keep an eye out on my Instagram (@Harlibi) for all sorts of beauty fun, including giveaways, reviews, and my upcoming superhero series